Each year the organisers of the London Marathon allocate places to AA Clubs, dependent on the number of Members each club has at the time they apply for the places.
We are hoping that there will be club places available for 2021, but following the cancellation of the 2020 event due to COVID-19, this is not guaranteed.
Please note that for 2021 places ONLY, the club criteria has been revised.
In order to qualify for a Wesham Club place Members must be able to fulfill the following:-
1. Have been a fully paid up, first claim, Member of Wesham Road Runners for at least 2 years prior to the opening date for the application for Club place(s) .
2. Have entered the current London Marathon ballot and received a rejection, proof will be required.
3. Have not run the London Marathon in any previous year.
4. Have been a Marshall or assisted at 2 Handicap events
5. Not received a Club place for the last London Marathon.
If in any given year there are insufficient numbers of persons wishing to enter the Marathon who meet the full criteria then other Members will be considered.
The first of the above to be removed will be No 3, followed by No 5. Hopefully this would be sufficient for anyone else to qualify.