Each year the organisers of the London Marathon allocate places to AA Clubs, dependent on the number of Members each club has at the time they apply for the places.
In order to qualify for a Wesham Club place Members must be able to fulfill the following:-
1. Have been a fully paid up, first claim, Member of Wesham Road Runners for at least 1 year prior to the opening date for the application for Club place(s) .
2. Have entered the current London Marathon ballot and received a rejection, proof will be required.
3. Have not run the London Marathon in any previous year.
4. Have taken part in either 2 cross country meetings OR 2 Inter Club Races OR 1 of each.
5. Have been a Marshall or otherwise assisted at 2 Wesham Road Runners events *
6. Not received a Club place for the last London Marathon.
If in any given year there are insufficient numbers of persons wishing to enter the Marathon who meet the full criteria then other Members will be considered.
The first of the above to be removed will be No 3, followed by No 6. Hopefully this would be sufficient for anyone else to qualify.
* Wesham 10K: Inter Club Race Series: Handicap Races (Summer): Summer 10K: Club
Takeover of a Parkrun